Nightscape, our award-winning publication, provides current news about IDA and night sky protection and in depth articles on IDA programs, light pollution issues and protecting the night sky. Members can choose to receive the publication electronically or have hard copies mailed to them.
Our latest issue of Nightscape doubles as our 2014 Annual Report and it’s chock-full of current updates about our work fighting light pollution and protecting night skies.
In this issue of Nightscape you can read about …
- Scott Feierabend, IDA’s new executive director
- New blood on the IDA Board of Directors
- The great work of IDA award recipients
- Exciting updates from our International Dark Sky Places
- The growth of our Parks & Protected Areas program
- New color temperature requirements for our Fixture Seal of Approval program
- IDA’s sea turtle work
- Our new cooperative agreement with the National Park Service
- IDA’s work with the City of Malibu drafting a lighting ordinance
- New resources to help you spread the word about night sky protection
- A breakdown of IDA’s 2014 financials
- And much more!
Don’t miss the next issue!
Join our email list and have the next issue delivered directly to your inbox.
Catching the Cosmos
IDA 2013 Annual Report
IDA celebrates 25 years
Night sky road trip
Observing light pollution from air and spac
Observing light pollution
Aoraki Mackenzie & NamibRand International Dark Sky Reserves
Parks and Protected Areas