Communication Support Coordinator | Zendesk (Volunteer)
The International Dark-Sky Association is the only nonprofit working to minimize the impacts of light at night. Through our website and social media networks, we strive to educate the public about adverse effects of irresponsible light at night, and want your help in doing so!
IDA works to minimize the impact of light pollution through education and awareness. One of our most important tools is the IDA website: darksky.org. Every month, IDA receives hundreds of support tickets requesting information about the International Dark-Sky Association, how to support IDA, interview requests from media outlets or students, permission to publish IDA materials, and other requests. The Communications Support Coordinator volunteer holds a vital role on the front lines of light pollution awareness by managing our ticketing software. The Communications Support Coordinator volunteer is responsible for answering general questions about IDA in a friendly manner and assigning specific or technical ticket requests to the appropriate IDA representative. IDA will train volunteer candidates for this role.
- Monitor Zendesk tickets and respond or assign tickets within 72 hours.
- Answer general support questions with information available at darksky.org, or assign tickets to the appropriate IDA staff member or chapter leader. (IDA will provide training.)
- Track responses to ensure that tickets are answered within 72 hours.
- Working remotely, spend approximately 5 hours per week responding to or assigning Zendesk tickets.
- Report progress or issues to IDA Communications Director
- Maintain the highest standard of professionalism and a friendly demeanor in all communications representing IDA.
- Computer and internet connection.
- Friendly and accessible written communication skills.
- No experience with Zendesk is required. IDA will provide training.
- Attend training session given by IDA
- IDA Communications Director provides on-going support
- 5 hours per week is expected, additional time is at your discretion.
- No regular schedule is required, but the volunteer will need to check in to monitor Zendesk tickets at least every 72 hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Amanda Gormley at [email protected]. We’ll be in touch soon if we wish to set up an interview.